Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope
Top Individual Fundraiser Contest Official
Rules and Regulations
This contest is sponsored by Air Canada Foundation, National Airline Sponsor of the 2019 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope.
By participating in the contest, all participants accept and agree to comply with these Official Rules.
- To be eligible for this contest, you must be a registered participant in the 2019 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope.
- Employees and board members of Ovarian Cancer Canada are not eligible.
The contest begins March 26, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. EST and ends Friday, September 6, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
How to Enter:
- Registered participants who raise funds for the Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope during the contesting period will be automatically entered in the contest.
- The participant who collects the most funds towards their individual total, online and offline, verified by Ovarian Cancer Canada, will win the prize.
- No limit to the amount of individual funds accumulated.
- Online and offline donations must be submitted by Friday, September 6, 2019 at 5:00pm EST.
donations need to be verified by Ovarian Cancer Canada to be counted towards
the individual’s total.
- No entries will be accepted by any other means than listed above.
- No purchase necessary.
- This is a national contest and entries will be accepted from across Canada for all Walk locations.
- Following the end of the contest period, Ovarian Cancer Canada will award the one (1) eligible entrant who collects the most funds nationally towards their individual total for the 2019 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope. This person will be the 2019 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope Top Individual Fundraiser.
- Should there be two (2) or more participants who raise the exact same amount of funds, a random draw will be performed and one (1) winner will be awarded.
- Two Economy class return tickets for travel to any Air Canada scheduled destination in North America including Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Travel restrictions do apply as per black out travel dates*.
- Tickets are non-transferable, not refundable and not redeemable for cash.
- Frequent flyer
mileage accumulation is not permitted.
- Ovarian Cancer Canada and Air Canada shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
- Ovarian Cancer Canada and Air Canada are not responsible for the failure of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Ovarian Cancer Canada to receive a selected entrant’s response.
- Recipients will be contacted by Ovarian Cancer Canada by phone or e-mail on Friday, September 13, 2019 with instructions on how to claim their prize. [JDL1]
- Before being declared a confirmed prize winner, selected entrants must respond by Friday, September 20, 2019 by phone or e-mail to the contact information provided.
- If a selected entrant does not respond within the prescribed timeline indicated in the notification, s/he may be disqualified and will not receive the prize, and another entrant may be selected.
- By accepting the prize, the recipient agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, city, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph (if submitted) or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of Ovarian Cancer Canada by any manner, including print, broadcast, email and/or the internet.
- The prize consists of:
Additional voting rules, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter:
- Contest promotion via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
*Black out travel dates and additional restrictions apply:
Additional blackout dates for North America, Mexico and the Caribbean from 18 Dec. 2019 to 7 Jan 2020 and April 8th, 2020 to April 15th, 2020. Additional blackout dates for Mexico and the Caribbean: March 2nd to March 20th, 2020. Additional blackout dates for North America (including Hawaii: July 25th to August 8th, 2020 Cuba year-round. Tickets may only be booked online at aircanada.com using your promotional code. Transportation is valid on board Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express (not valid on Star Alliance partners or code sharing carriers) and is subject to availability at time of reservation. All applicable fees (such as airport departure taxes, security charges or other third party fees, taxes or charges) are the sole responsibility of the bearer of the ticket. Tickets are not transferable, not refundable and not redeemable for cash. Frequent flyer mileage accumulation and upgrade certificates are not permitted. Promotional pass recipients may be held liable to Air Canada for failure to adhere to the restrictions and conditions of travel applicable to their tickets or for the fraudulent use of those tickets. Any changes to your existing reservation must be done on aircanada.com under “Manage My Bookings”. Please note that once tickets have been issued, the origin & destination cannot be changed; flight time and/or date of travel change may carry a change fee per ticket. Tickets are subject to change without notice.
[JDL1]Carrie to confirm. FYI the reason I am suggesting Friday is to track the dates/ cut-off. WE can reach out earlier, that is no problem regarding rules /regs