2019 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope
Youth Fundraising Contest
By participating in the Contest, all participants accept and agree to comply with these Official Rules. No purchase necessary.
- To be eligible for the Contest, you must be registered as a “Child/Youth” for the 2019 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope and be under the age of seventeen (17) years old.
- Employees and board members of Ovarian Cancer Canada are not eligible.
- By permitting a youth to participate in the Contest, the participant’s parent or legal guardian represents and warrants that he or she has read, understands and agrees to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules on behalf of both the parent or legal guardian and the youth/ child participant.
The contest begins March 28, 2019, ending Thursday, September 5, at 11:55 p.m. PT.
How to Enter:
- Registered Child/ Youth participants who raise a minimum of $25 CAD for the Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope during the program period will be automatically entered into a draw to win select Nintendo of Canada Ltd. Products.
- The top three (3) Registered Child/ Youth participants who raise the most funds in support of the Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope nationally will also be awarded a prize provided by Nintendo of Canada Ltd.
- Online and offline donations must be submitted by Thursday, September 5 at 11:55 p.m. PT.
- Offline donations need to be verified by
Ovarian Cancer Canada to be counted towards the individual’s total.
- No purchase necessary.
- Registered Child/ Youth participants will qualify to receive one entry per every $25.00 CAD raised in donations collected towards their individual fundraising total for the 2019 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope.
- Entries will be accepted from across Canada for all Walk locations.
- Registered Child/ Youth participants are limited to only receiving one prize per contest. No limit to the number of qualified entries per participant.
- Prizes are generously provided by Nintendo of Canada Ltd.
- Winners will be selected by random draw, from all eligible entries during the contest period, and the top three (3) youth fundraisers will be awarded nationally.
- A Registered Child/ Youth participant will only be eligible to receive one (1) prize.
- At each Walk location, during the Walk Day events, each qualifying registered Child/ Youth participant’s name will be entered into a draw and a winner will be announced at the event*.
- To receive the prize, each Registered Child/ Youth participant must have a parent or guardian present at the Walk to provide consent.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash value.
- The following prizes are available at select Walk locations. A draw will take place for the prizes listed below.
- A total of twenty (20) Nintendo Switch hardware prize packs with one (1) software to be awarded to qualifying Child/Youth Participants at select Walk locations including: Abbotsford, Ajax, Barrie, Charlottetown, Chilliwack, Guelph, Hamilton, Kelowna, Kingston, Kitchener/Waterloo, Moncton, Nanaimo, Niagara Falls, Peterborough, Quebec City, Saint John, Saskatoon, St. John’s, Victoria, Windsor
- Approximate retail value of $479.99 CAD
- A total of ten (10) Nintendo Switch hardware prize packs with one (1) software and one (1) game to be awarded to qualifying Child/Youth Participants at the following 2019 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope locations: Burlington, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg
- Approximate retail value of $559.98 CAD ($479.99 CAD + $79.99 CAD)
- Four (4) Super Nintendo Entertainment System to be awarded to qualifying registered Child/ Youth Participants at select Walk locations: Piedmont, Yarmouth, Grey Highlands, Falmouth/Windsor
- Approximate retail value of $89.99 CAD
- In addition to the draw on Walk day, the top three (3) youth fundraisers nationally will be awarded a Nintendo Switch software (approx. retail value of $559.98 CAD).
- Parents/ guardians of the top fundraisers will be contacted by Ovarian Cancer Canada by phone or email on Friday, September 13, 2019 with instructions on how to claim their prize. Before being declared a confirmed prize winner, parents must respond by Friday, September 20, 2019. If a selected winner does not respond within the prescribed timeline, s/he may be disqualified, and another entrant may be selected.
- Ovarian Cancer Canada and Nintendo of Canada Ltd. shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
Additional rules for marketing and promotional materials from Ovarian Cancer Canada:
- Upon accepting the prize, the participant will be asked to confirm if he/she agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, city, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of Ovarian Cancer Canada by any manner, including print, broadcast, email or the internet.
- Registered Youth/ Child participants will not be contacted by Ovarian Cancer Canada during the promotion of this contest. Parents and guardians of registered Youth/ Child participants will receive promotions for this contest.
- This contest promotion via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
*For more information about the Walk in your community and details for contest announcements on Walk Day, please contact, Carrie Mahuran, National Walk Associate, Ovarian Cancer Canada:
Toll Free: (1-877) 413-7970 Ext.236