Rockin' Rhonda's Healers
Our Momma, Rhonda, after 2 long months of test after test, exploratory surgery after exploratory surgery, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Those 2 months felt like 2 years. Finally, a diagnosis was given, and we can work on treating her cancer. It will be a long journey, but one we are greatful for that we even have the opportunity to walk down this path of HOPE.We will get through this, especially with help from our family and friends in the form of emotional support and support when we do the Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope in September 2019.
Facts you wish you didn't need to know about Ovarian Cancer:
• Ovarian Cancer is the 5th most common cancer in women
• 1 of every 2 women diagnosed will not live past five years
• There are NO reliable screening tests. Symptoms are usually confused with those of other diseases. Tests are being developed but are not readily available. Yet.
• Only 2.1% of donations for cancer are directed toward ovarian cancer
• Ovarian Cancer kills 5 Canadian women every day.
Each of these women is central to a family. Every one of these women has people who love her. Just being there to support and honour her means everything. That’s why our team is participating with thousands of others at the Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope.
The Walk celebrates the hope we carry with us every day – the hope for a future without this disease.
Every dollar we raise supports Ovarian Cancer Canada, the only national charity that champions the health and well-being of women with ovarian cancer and others at risk of this disease. Funds will be used to fund vital research, spur advocacy efforts, and provide support so that we can change the future and help women live fuller, better, longer lives.
Please provide your support by giving generously. Better yet, if you are up for a challenge this September, come out and join us. Together we can make a difference.