Are you ready for the 2022 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope in Regina, SK?
Walk Date: Sunday, September 11, 2022
The Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope is the largest and most powerful event of its kind in the country. The Walk is happening in communities across the country both in-person and online Sunday, September 11, 2022.
Together, let’s walk with hope in our hearts and lead the way towards a brighter future for those living with and at risk of ovarian cancer.
Location: Rick Hansen Optimist Park (1010 McCarthy Blvd)
11:30 am: Enjoy your picnic lunch, and family fun games with members of the Regina Riot. Musicians Angie Hicks from Soul Deep and her brother Ryan Hicks will entertain us with songs that will make you want to sing along.
12:30 pm: Opening Ceremonies and welcome from the Regina Walk committee
1:00 pm: Official walk around the park
2:00 pm: Closing Ceremonies and prize announcements.
This year’s Walk has changed its format as we make our return to in-person Walks. We’re excited that our picnic theme will allow team sisters, guests, volunteers, and their families to enjoy the walk and take part in the opening and closing ceremonies.
Remember to bring your own blanket, lawn chairs, umbrella, beverages, sunscreen, hats, or jackets and of course, your picnic basket filled with your favourite lunch or snacks.
- Prepared food will not be provided on site for sale, please bring your own packed lunch!
- There will be some small snacks and refreshments available, such as granola bars and water.
- No registration tent will be set up on site. We are encouraging all participants to register and deposit all donations online prior to the walk. This is the same practice used in the past two years of the walk.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the walk area and the park has full washroom facilities.
- We will be seeling tickets for some amazing door prizes, cash or credit/debit will be accepted.
Keep an eye on your inbox for updates and visit this page for more details. Are you on social media? Be sure to follow Ovarian Cancer Canada on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and use the hashtag #WalkofHope to show your followers how you’re making a difference.