a new team Join
a team Bring back
your former team Register
as an individual Support
a walker or team Donate
to this location
Get ready to Walk in Nanaimo, British Columbia.
The Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope is the largest and most powerful event of its kind in the country. Register today and take action so that women can live fuller, better, longer lives.
September 8, 2019 at 10:30AM
Rotary Bowl track
2.5 km or 5 km
Event Day Schedule:
10:30am: Registration/Check-In and Coffee
11:00am: Opening Ceremonies
11:15am: Survivor Lap, Warm-Up, Team Photos, Full Walk/Run
12:30pm: Post-Walk Celebrations including pizza and other refreshments, mingling, and prizes. Face painting for children throughout event
2:00pm: Final Wrap-Up
Therese Dykstra and Jenn Vowles
Local Event Updates:
The Nanaimo Walk of Hope Committee are hosting an Ovarian Cancer Awareness Event on August 24th from 4-7 pm upstairs lounge at QF on Bruce Ave. A guest oncologist will be available for discussion. They are having a Silent Auction, 50/50 draw, wine and cheese and a cash Bar. There will be pre-Walk registration for anyone who hasn’t already registered for the Walk in Nanaimo on September 8th at Rotary Bowl Park.
- Teal Shop: water bottles etc. available by donation
- Live Music: provided by Paul Gogo
- Starbucks: providing morning coffee
- Cobbs: providing delicious scones
- Country Grocer: fresh fruit and bottled water
- BCNU: Providing first aid and refreshments
- Warm Up: this year’s warm up will be provided by Fit Body Boot Camp
- Panago Pizza: providing delicious post-walk pizzas
- Nanaimo Ambassadors: face painting for the little ones
Please remember the Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope is a RAIN OR SHINE event... The Walk must go on!